Monday, September 16, 2013

Sometimes it's the little things

So I've spent a lot of time lately getting frustrated about the little things in life. Not even anything having to do with Javad. Just worrying about money and relationships, school and work. I mean those things are important don't get me wrong, but they aren't the most important things. I've seen a lot of posts on facebook from people in this community about the little things. This person lifted their arms, this kiddo was babbling, this kiddo sprinted off the vent today. Those things seem minor to people that aren't a part of this world. It's crazy though, cause those are BIG things. Big little things. They may seem like minor, tiny details of life but they aren't. They are MAJOR accomplishments that warrant celebration and a medal.

Okay maybe i'm exaggerating just a little bit, but seriously. I forget sometimes about the little things. I always think about the big things: Javad is alive. That's really what's important at the end of the day to me. But it's also the little things. He can read, he has friends, he loves school, he hates things (and people) that are too high energy. Those things matter too!

Some of you know that my family has been in a battle with our insurance company. To some people having our private insurance company pay for Javad's nursing is a little thing. What does it matter? He has nursing. He isn't being forced to go to school alone. My parents can still work. It's the president of it though. We pay, so they should too.

Sometimes it's the little things, and sometimes it's the little things. Sometimes the little things are big things.

No comments:

Post a Comment